Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Give someone a goat this Christmas......seriously.

Give a life changing gift to a family in need this Christmas!

Last year my wife and I decided to find an organization and donate to families in need. I remember listening to The World Vision Report, a weekend newsmagazine and radio show capturing the human drama behind global issues and events affecting the world's poorest children and families. After researching their credentials on give.org we couldn't think of a better organization.

Since then I've been listening off and on to the World Vision Report weekly program. I always enjoy learning about people and their cultures in other parts of the world. After hearing these reports and stories told by the people themselves I'm always left with my heart broken. Hearing about their conditions always reminds me to look outside myself and to find ways to help others.

This year we decided to donate a goat, one of the milk producers- "the big three" being goats, cows, and sheep. Surprisingly, one goat can change the lives of three families! Children's health will be supported by the increased protein in their diets. And families will be able to improve their living conditions by selling the animals' offspring, as well as surplus dairy products like milk, cheese, and yogurt.

The thing about World Vision is that 96 percent of their field staff works and lives with these people in poverish regions, so they have an unrivaled understanding of how to best serve children and families in their area. Check out their catalog for other needs and ways to give a life changing gift this Christmas!

worldvision.org

Listen to the weekly World Vision Report here.

Merry Christmas!

15 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

beautiful and noble, love the design, Merry Christmas indeed!

5:17 PM  
Blogger benjamin trobat -cartoonist- said...

really coooool work!!!
thanks for visiting my blog!
benja!

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome poses and characters. I love your thanksgiving one too:) keep up the wonderful art.

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, this reminds me when my dad and I would go give gifts and food to those less fortunate during the holidays. It's a rewarding experience! You and your artwork make the world a better place! (^:

5:59 PM  
Blogger Lydia Sanchez said...

I like your cartoon style, it's very interesntig. I live the colour. Keep it up, see you!

6:32 AM  
Blogger Scott Tolleson said...

Great job HEATH! You make it look so easy. The expressions on this one are great!

11:13 AM  
Blogger thefamilychicken said...

And here I was just thinking goats were only good for trash disposal and keeping lawns managable.
So many times I forget to think about others that might need my help. I have found it is best to remind myself the time and funds I have are really not my own, but a gift. What better time to re-gift than at Christmas? Thanks for sharing. Let nothing you dismay! K.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Rånny said...

i dunno why my comment woz anonymouz, but that woz me (5thcomment)--sorry about that Mr.McPherson!

4:40 PM  
Blogger Dik Pose said...

Thats wonderful Heath. Great links to share with us... and great art too! Have a great Christmas!!

5:41 PM  
Blogger Alberto Russo said...

Very nice work! I love your style!

9:50 AM  
Blogger John Coulter said...

Great blog! I've just discovered and bookmarked you. Your work is amazing

http://johncoulter.blogspot.com/

1:40 PM  
Blogger Randy said...

DUDE! I'm needing my weekly Heath-ustration fix, and I don't see it forthcoming. Must see new illos!!!!

Hope your holidays are going well. Thanks again for the email from the other day.

~R

5:40 PM  
Blogger Chris_Garrison said...

Lovin' the Ghosts of Fire Christmas card! Awesome.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

Just wanted to swing by and wish you a Merry Christmas. That goat's the cutest I've seen in awhile. Here's to aother great year!

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good blog, keep up the good work.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home